Elektra - Finished

Here is the final for Elektra. I am pleased with how it turned out. In order to put the spattered ink, representing blood, on the paper I scanned the art and printed out a full sized high contrast grayscale copy. Then I cut the figure out with an Exacto blade. When laid over the original art, the cut out figure protected the areas where I didn't want spatters of ink. It's a loose stencil made from the copy. Once in place, I spattered the ink using a couple of old brushes. I normally would use an old tooth brush that I bought just for this purpose, but I couldn't find it. And I didn't want to shop for a new one at 2:30am. :)

I will be putting Elektra up on eBay tonight for those that might be interested. Here is the link.

This is ink, color pencils and a touch of acrylic on 11" x 17" Canson Mi-Teintes Red #505 paper.